Webinar: Engagement and Discovery for Employment Success
- Open to the Public
- Chris Arnold M.Sc. and Christine Buchanan
- BC PSR Advanced Practice
Presenters: Chris Arnold M.Sc. and Christine Buchanan from Open Door Group
This session will look at some practical ideas and techniques for working with an individual on “engagement and discovery” for employment (a term used specifically by the disability field). Building on PSR competencies and strengths based assessments, we ask, how can we help to keep individuals we support engaged in the employment process? Also how can we use what we have learned from strength based assessments and our own experiences with that individual to help them discover and articulate their unique potential for employment?
- Consider how some of the strategies from the engagement & discovery process in the disability field could also work in the mental health field.
- Look at examples of how important engagement is on the part of individuals living with mental health issues when considering employment.
- Identify ways to use strength based assessment information to support job development activities.
- Review ways to keep a person living with mental health issues engaged and actively involved in the initial stages of employment.
The BC PSR Advanced Practice is pleased to offer this session that will look at some practical ideas and techniques for working with an individual on "engagement and discovery" for employment (a term used specifically by the disability field).