(Webinar 43) Wellness Recovery Action Plan(WRAP) - an Experiential Webinar 1
- Open to the Public
- Jenn Cusick
- BC PSR Advanced Practice
Jenn Cusick will be facilitating an interactive overview of a WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) workshop. We will have a few group participants in the room, and you will participate right from where you are.
WRAP is a recovery program that is currently utilized by health, educational and social services agencies all over BC. Yet, there are many people who don’t know what a WRAP group looks and feels like.
WRAP is a tool used by many. It has application with any demographic. WRAP groups have been run in several educational organizations and health authorities for both clients and staff.
Currently, in BC many service recipients AND service providers have and use a personal WRAP.
As a participant in this webinar, you will get to participate experientially (over the webinar chat feature) for this mini-WRAP session. In addition, you will be encouraged to take off your service provider hat and engage by creating your own personal mini WRAP.
We will cover:
- The Key Concepts of Recovery: Hope, Personal Responsibility, Education, Self-Advocacy and Support.
- Wellness Tools: Simple, safe and free things we can do that promote personal wellness.
- The Six Sections of WRAP:
- Daily Maintenance Plan
- Early Warning Signs
- When Things are Breaking Down
- Crisis Plan
- Post Crisis Plan
This material is usually covered over 12-18 hours. We will do our best to touch a little bit on as much as we can in two sessions of 1.5 hour/session.
- To describe 3 ways in which Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) is being utilized in Western Canada–drawn from the examples given by Fraser health Authority, BCSS in Victoria, and AHS in Edmonton.
- Identify the benefits of developing a personal WRAP for everyone.
WRAP has application for all human beings in developing self-awareness and a solid self-care plan based on personal responsibility. It has application for managing stress and overwhelm in staff, and as well it has huge evidence-based benefits for the people we are supporting.
- Gain a basic understanding of the Values and Ethics WRAP is grounded on, as well as an understanding of the Copeland Center model to support the fidelity of WRAP.
- Identify initial steps in developing a personal WRAP
Meet Jenn Cusick
Jenn had been an Advanced Level WRAP in February 2007. She first brought WRAP to Fraser Health in 2002, and it has since grown exponentially in Western Canada
In 2015 she left her peer support coordinator role and created her own business called Luminate Wellness to share what she has learned about wellness and recovery with an even broader community.
She has had the opportunity to facilitate many WRAP facilitator trainings throughout the continent.
Jenn is committed to challenging the status quo for the sake of exuberant wellness. Her works are dedicated to unearthing desires and illuminating strengths because true wellness is within reach.
The BC PSR Advanced Practice is pleased to offer this webinar as the first of two WRAP sessions. Jenn Cusick facilitated an interactive overview of a WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) workshop. We had a few group participants in the room as well as online participants.